Privacy and Data Protection
We have updated our data protection policy. Our Data Protection Notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or from others, will be used by us. It explains what types of personal information we collect, how and why we collect it, how we use and share it, how long we keep it, the legal bases for its collection and use, your rights, and how to contact our Data Protection Officer.
Please read the updated Data Protection Notice carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. The Notice is also available through our Policies page, where you can find other Irish Research Council policies that may be relevant to you.
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) for the Irish Research Council may be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by other means as specified in the “How can you contact us?” section in the Data Protection Notice.
Data Subjects have a number of rights under the legislation. These rights can be applied by making a request using the appropriate form available here.
For general web browsing, certain information is recorded in the website log files, which may include:
- The top level domain name from which you access the internet
- The IP address of the computer from which you access the website
- The date and time each computer accesses the website
- The pages accessed and the documents downloaded by each computer
- The type and version of the browsers being used to access the website
- The addresses of any third party web-pages which refer visitors to our website
- Keywords used in search engines and directories to find our website
- Keywords and phrases used to search our website
This information is used for statistical purposes only, including:
- To find out how many people are visiting our sites
- To identify what pages are accessed more frequently
- To help us improve the information we are supplying to our users
- To make our site more user friendly
For further details, please see the Higher Education Authority’s Cookies Notice, which also applies to our website.