Pre-Call Notice: COALESCE Research Fund Collaborative Alliances for Societal Challenges 2019
Posted: 9 May, 2019
The Irish Research Council (hereinafter referred to as ‘the Council’) is currently finalising details for a 2019 call of the research fund, COALESCE (Collaborative Alliances for Societal Challenges).
Further information and supporting documentation will be available on the Council’s website once the final dates have been confirmed. In the meantime, the Council wishes to advise interested parties of the indicative funding call timings as follows:
|Scheme||Proposed Launch||Proposed Deadline|
|COALESCE – ‘Collaborative
Alliances for Societal Challenges’
|June 2019||August 2019|
Potential applicants should also note that, once dates are finalised and Terms and Conditions are published by the Council, they should carefully ascertain whether they are eligible to apply to the scheme.
COALESCE builds on and brings together two former Council research funding programmes, namely Research for Policy and Society, and the New Horizons Interdisciplinary Research Awards. The second round of this call seeks to fund excellent research addressing national and European/global challenges as set out in the challenge frameworks now in place. The call is run in partnership with several government departments and agencies who fund or co-fund specific strands.
COALESCE 2019 will consist of the following strands:
- a strand in partnership with Irish Aid whereby the lead PI will work with a PI in one of Irish Aid’s partner countries (Africa, Vietnam and Palestine)
- a strand in partnership with Met Éireann
- a strand in partnership with the Department of Child and Youth Affairs
- a strand in partnership with the Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission
- a strand in partnership with HSE Sexual Health & Crisis Pregnancy Programme
Coalesce 2019 will not include open-call strands. These will run again in 2020, subject to budget availability.
Queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org