GENDER-NET Plus Final Dissemination Conference
Posted: 10 February, 2023
The GENDER-NET Plus project is nearing its close and the final dissemination conference will take place on 13th and 14th February 2023.
The scheme, established in September 2017, is a Co-Fund under the Science with and for Society strand of Horizon 2020. The Irish Research Council is among the 16 international partners across 13 countries that make up GENDER-NET Plus. We work together with the European Union to create and maintain a transnational funding call specifically designed to welcome research proposals integrating gender in response to societal challenges.
To date, 13 projects have been awarded funding, 7 of which have Irish university partners. The links below provide video abstracts and more information on the relevant projects.
- G-DEFINER: Gender Difference in side effects of immunotherapy: a possible clue to optimize cancer treatment (Professor John Crown: Dublin City University). Co-funded by HRB.
- GENRE: Overcoming the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Gender Divide: A Cross-Cultural Perspective (Professor Maura McAdam: Dublin City University)
- MASCAGE: Gendering Age: Representations of Masculinities and Ageing in Contemporary European Literatures and Cinemas (Dr Anthony Tracy: University of Galway)
- GBV-MIG: Violence against women migrants and refugees: Analysing causes and effective policy response (Professor Niamh Reilly: University of Galway)
- GENPATH: A life course perspective on the GENdered PATHways of exclusion from social relations in later life, and its consequences for health and wellbeing (Professor Kieran Walsh: University of Galway)
- PositivMas: Masculinities and violence against women among young people: Identifying discourses and developing strategies for change using a mixed method approach (Dr Claire Edwards: University College Cork)
- iKASCADE: Identifying Key Prescribing CASCADes in the Elderly: A Transnational Initiative on Drug Safety (Professor Denis O’Mahony: University College Cork). Co-funded by HRB.
FINAL DISSEMINATION CONFERENCE
On the 13th and 14th February 2023, Gender NET Plus will host their final dissemination conference in Brussels: “Promoting and Implementing the Sex and Gender Dimension into Research”. The event will be run in a hybrid style with participants attending in person and via Zoom. In addition to reflections on the GENDER-NET Project, the results and achievements of joint activities and future reflections, there will be four major sessions covering the following themes:
- Session 1: Improving Care for the Ones in Context of Vulnerability
- Session 2: Building Policies Against Gender-Based Violence
- Session 3: Unpacking the Sex/Gender Dimension of Health/Medicine
- Session 4: Addressing Gender Roles
Suzanne Walker of the Higher Education Authority will take part in the panel discussion covering Session 1 and Session 2. Dr Gráinne Walshe, Irish Research Council Assistant Director: Partnerships and Impact, will participate in the closing panel discussion.
To register to attend and receive a Zoom link for the webinar, please fill in the brief conference registration form here.
Attached is the conference programme leaflet with the timetable and short descriptions of the 13 brilliant international research projects.