Advanced Laureate Awards Programme
Programme at a glance
The Advanced Laureate Awards are for established, leading principal investigators who want funding to pursue ground-breaking, high-risk research.
Eligibility and suitability
- Applications can be made in any field of research.
- Applicants must have over 15 years of experience since completion of their PhD.
- Applications must be submitted by a single principal investigator with the support of a host institution. The principal investigator does not necessarily need to be working at the host institution at the time when the proposal is submitted. However, a mutual agreement and the host institution’s commitment on how the relationship will be established are necessary, should the proposal be successful.
What we offer
|Award type||Duration*||Value||Award start date||Discipline coverage||Location|
|Advanced Laureate Award||Up to 4 years||Maximum of €1,000,000 (inclusive of 25% overhead)||Awards must commence by September 2023||ALL disciplines||Eligible Irish higher education institution or research-performing organisation|
How to apply
- Contact the research office of your prospective host institution.
- Read the call documents carefully.
- Familiarise yourself with our submission system and register (available once the call opens).
- Applicants must submit an expression of interest form through their intended host institution by 4pm (Irish time) on 31 August 2022.
- Following this, a full proposal should be submitted via our online submission system, deadline to be confirmed.
For the Advanced Laureate Awards programme, we are adopting a two-stage evaluation process across four domains:
- Humanities (H)
- Life Sciences (LS)
- Physical Sciences and Engineering (PE)
- Social Sciences (SS)
Proposals are evaluated on the basis of excellence as the sole criterion. It will be applied to the evaluation of both the research project and the principal investigator in conjunction.